Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Phantom of the Opera



Finally the Phantom is here in Manila. Opening on August 25, 2012 and will run until September 30, 2012. Hesitant because of the ticket price but who cares, its one of my favorite theater plays. The question is who will be going with me? And so, I posted my desire to go to the play thru my Facebook wall. Luckily, two of my Sisters from SMS family replied. Rosette and Nikki. Yahoo!!!




Nikki initiated to buy tickets by going to ticketnet. And here it is. My Phantom of the Opera Ticket. This is the cheapest (P1820) but I'm so happy with this.




So excited that 5 days from my phantom date I was doing my phantom countdown by posting some of the beautiful lines from the play...

♫♫♫ In sleep he sang to me, In Dreams he came ♫♫♫ in 5 days ♥ ♥ ♥

♫♫♫ Promise me that all you say is true that's all I ask of you ♫♫♫ ♥ ♥ ♥ 4 days ♥ ♥ ♥ 

♫♫♫ You alone can make my song take flight - help me make the music of the night . . . ♫♫♫
♥♥♥ 3 days ♥ ♥ ♥


♫♫♫ There will never be a day when I wont think of You ♫♫♫ ♥ ♥ ♥ 2 days ♥ ♥ ♥ 

♫♫♫ Wishing you were somehow here again Knowing we must say, "Goodbye" ♫♫♫
♥ ♥ ♥ 1 day ♥ ♥ ♥

.... and I cant stop singing



The long wait is over! Showtime is at 8pm. I left the house at 630pm considering the traffic and the possibilities of having hard time looking for a vacant parking space. I also took the opportunity to satisfy my cravings for Bangus. Arriving before 7pm at CCP complex. The traffic is already slowly moving. I usually park at Harbour Square but the guard already made a sign to me that its full so I have no choice but to put the gear to reverse and park to the next parking space.

Onwards to Mang Inasal I ordered Bangus with Rice. I was the only single person in the crowd. I don't care. I want to eat Bangus. Past 730pm when Rosette came in Mang Inasal and we headed to the CCP theater. We waited for Nikki at the Lobby and just about the show begins when she arrived.




As we entered the Theater, I felt some goosebumps in my skin. Nikki felt the same way. We went to our pre-assigned seats and waited for the play to begin...



I guess I don't have to narrate the story as all of us is already familiar with it. The things that amazes me with the play are the actors, they all play it well. The Elegant Chandelier that has been there even after how many falls since the start of the play. The changing of the sets from the theater stage to the rowing of the boat and to the cave or room of the Phantom. Amazing!!! Oh I also give credits to the people behind the production. As Raul shouted "Bravo!!!"

If you haven't seen the theater or movie here it is



Some of my favorite songs from the Phantom of the Opera

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again


Phantom of the Opera


Think of me

No comments:

Post a Comment