Saturday, November 10, 2012

In KOREA: Mount Seorak


Schedule:
Entrance:
Directions: to Sokcho from Seoul. From Gangnam Express Bus Terminal (take Subway Line 3 to Express Bus Terminal station) go to Sokcho. (Travel time: 4 hrs. First bus 06:30/ last 21:00 Bus Fare: 14,900 won. After exiting the bus terminal, cross the street in front of World Mart and take bus No. 7 or 7-1 (comes at every 10 min. intervals / travel time: 30 mins.) and get off at Sogongwon, the final destination. The cable car station is located straight ahead, about a 5-minute walk through the park. Bus fee 900 won.
Days/ Hours to tour: Whole Day

Ticket to Sokcho. This is my second attempt.


My Bus to Sokcho




Going to Bus Station, you'll see this statue which is besides the E-Mart

Arrived!!!







The Cable Car


From the cable care, just follow the steps going to one of the peaks. This is the most visited peaks since it is so easy to reach the top.


You see a lot of visitor going here. That's how easy it is


A view of another peak. That is where i'm heading next


One of the challenging thing going on solo trip is taking picture of yourself. So in here I have to run to this spot to have a good picture.


Another picture, but this time I have to ask for someone to shoot me.


and another picture with the flag. I asked a very nice lady I met. She is from Singapore.








They are the Chinese girls I met.




This is amazing. An open faucet in the air






These are bricks where they usually put their prayers or wishes...




Which way to go???




My version of stack rocks... I forgot what it is called.


I ate my sandwhich while resting besides a very cold stream














This is the peak I wanted to see


Sweating all out...


This is a very steep stairs. I almost got dizzy




A Korean solo climber very kind enough to take a picture of me :)




Last view of the peak




My late lunch a real meal




Ticket back to Seoul


Goodbye Mount Seorak.


Back in Seoul before 6pm


No comments:

Post a Comment