Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bacolod Day Trip: Silay City

I have been to Bacolod for Nth time but I've never explored Silay City to see those ancestral houses and the Ruins. Flight from Manila to Bacolod is frequent and so I thought of going for just one day. I got the first flight which is 455am and arrived at Silay City Airport at 6am.

At the airport there are vans that directly goes to Bacolod City. I went out of the airport and saw tricycle. Since we were only 3 passengers, we paid P20 each to go to Silay City which is not that far from the airport. 


My first stop is at San Diego Pro-Cathedral. It is Sunday. I decided to hear mass even though I don't understand the dialect. Only some keywords.


The park is situated in front of the Cathedral. The place is clean and its ideal to sit down and relax.


Around the park you will see the City Hall, World War 2 Memorial, School and hall. 


Now it's time for breakfast. I went to El Ideal which is at Rizal Street. Of course, i tried their famous Guanapple Pie. I love it. You can feel the bits of fruits inside it. I paired it with brewed coffee which is awesome.



Next, the Silay Ancestral Houses...



No comments:

Post a Comment