Sunday, July 15, 2012

Gumasa Beach


June 10, 2012
I arrived 1230 am at NAIA Terminal 3 from my fourth South Korea visit giving me enough time to unload and load for my next escapade which is in General Santos which is the southernmost port city of the Philippines. When you say GenSan its "tuna" and home of the world boxing champion "Manny Pacquiao". Anyway, I clean up the house then I had alloted an hour to sleep. An hour passed, I didn't noticed that my alarm clock is waking me up for about 30 minutes. So I left the house at 6am and my travel buddies are texting, calling and looking for me. I arrived at NAIA T3 after 20 minutes taxi ride and they are waiting for me at the counter. We checked-in, paid the terminal fee (P200) and flew to GenSan at 730am.


We arrived General Santos Airport past 9am. My travel buddies took out their cameras and started to shoot and shoot and shoot.....


Outside the airport we were welcomed by a bunch of locals asking us rent their rides. For my research, taxi fare cost P350 and the van P150/head. Since we are a group of 8, we decided to take 2 taxis. But wait!!! We were offered a multicab for P400 then the taxi drivers offered us P200. Mmmmmm..... so they can put the offer down. We decided to take the multicab since we wanted to start our bonding moments. But it turned out that this is one dusty ride. Oh no!!! From GenSan Airport to KCC Mall took us a 20-30 minutes ride.


Beside the KCC Mall is the van terminal going to Glan, Sarangani where our 2 travel buddies (Irog and Drew) are waiting. We brought our breakfast at McDonalds then off we go to Gumasa Beach. We paid P110/pax going straight to the Gumasa Beach as we requested the driver to drop us straight to the Coco Beach. Of course with extra charge. The van looks so old and I'm positioned at the backmost of the van so I'm feeling all the bumpy-jumpy ride.


Three of my travel buddies (Kris, Ron and Wilma) arrived GenSan at an earlier flight. At the time we arrived airport they are already enjoying the wonderful beach of Gumasa. Meaning... they have all the shots that they want. He! He!

While we are still on our way, we asked them to order lunch for us. Based from my readings, in this province it takes more than an hour for your order to be serve. After more than an hour ride, we arrived the Gumasa Beach. And the food is not yet ready. And so its true :)

We did not waste time, while waiting for the food to come we roamed around the place, took pictures of the sceneries and have  our not so complete group pictures.


Finally the food arrived!!! We have a generous cups of rice (as we have boys around, lol!), Fried Chicken and Pork Sinigang. Yum! Yum!

After filling our empty stomach, we decided to walk to the leftmost side of the beach and took pics of the place, in solos and in groups.









And the lovely beach...
























We asked the Van Driver to pick us up at 2pm so that we can proceed to Lake Sebu. The Driver is kind enough to bring us to one of Manny Pacquiao's Mansion in General Santos. We glad he did that. That day is the fight of Pacman against Bradley and our pinoy-athlete sadly lose the fight :(

We stopped in front of the Mansion at the other side of the road to take pictures of the Mansion from outside. Then our driver went inside and ask the guard if we can have a close look at the Mansion. The guard was so kind that he allowed us to go inside the yard to see and take pictures of the mansion for a few minutes.







We then moved on as our journey is still a long, long way to go.



The van driver dropped us at the bus station going to Marbel (P83) then another bus going to Surralah (P24). In Surralah, the terminal looks empty. They told us that the last trip has passed but they are kind enough to help us find a ride going to lake sebu. A girl who is helping us tried to call someone thru her cellphone but unluckily she got no assurance with the van. Then one van came onward to another place but will take him for just a few minutes to drop off his remaining passengers. He agreed to return and give us a ride (P50). While we await for his return, i tried to call my contact at lake sebu. I asked if the dinner will still be available for us and he said "Yes".


We arrived Punta Isla Lake Resort around 7pm. The staffs seems to be so busy to concentrate on us. They gave us the room and we drop our bags. We expected that the food will still be available but they have some programs or party going on so they really can't focus on giving their service. They referred us to another resort for our Dinner.

Tired from almost a day of travel and so hungry. I ordered for a cup noodles as I'm so hungry I can be a zombie that night. The food came in after an hour.



Now you See It

For our dinner, we have 3 viands. I forgot what are they but one of them is Tilapia. So hungry the food was gone in 50 seconds. LOL!

Now you Dont!

We don't have much energy for socials so all of us decided to call it a night. ZZzzzzzz......


our journey continues..... Lake Sebu

No comments:

Post a Comment