Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In Taiwan: Modern Toilet Restaurant

Modern Toilet is another theme restaurant in Taipei. It is included in our itinerary because  we wanted to try something different. Modern toilet has 2 branches, one is in Ximending area and another is in Shilin area. This gave a confusion to our group. The other half went to Ximending and we are in SHilin.


Sitting in a Toilet Bowl and eating at the bath tub. The place looks like a bathroom with shower hose in the wall as well as toilet paper and urinals are hanging in the ceiling.





Souveniers are also available. I bought a souvenier shaped like a poo for NTD 50. A little smaller than in this picture and it is so soft.








Free Wifi keeps us busy. We are excited to upload some pics from the climb and in that place.


I tried the Pork Cutleg served in a toilet bowl shape plate. The serving is big for only NT 180 plus service fee. Others tried a different menu. I thought the ice cream comes with the food but it is no. And so, we Ove is the only one who tried the bland taste ice cream that is shaped like a poo.


what happens after...


Nobody ordered a curry. I saw one picture the plate looks aweful after it is finished.


I tried to finished my food so slowly. I got so full that I felt nauseated. Good thing there is a place downstairs that sells shake.


I ordered watermelon shake for NTD 45. They will ask you how much sugar and ice to put in it. I chose 1/3 sugar and 3/4 ice.


This is Shilin area by day





1 comment:

  1. i saw this featured in bob blumer's world's weirdest restaurant on TLC. yup, the curry in a toilet bowl doesn't seem to be appetizing although the wait staff said that this is one of their more popular dishes.

    ReplyDelete